I would like to let you know some limitations that SLAMPP has.
- SLAMPP is mentioned to set up as home server, to help your Web and Linux development activities. So, it is not ready yet to be deployed as production server, unless you further configure or tweak the SLAMPP system to meet the real requirements.
- SLAMPP provides many applications on one medium. It also has activated some services in default. As you know, just activate the services or servers you only need. Bring down the services/servers you do not need through an interface provided on SLAMPP. Always check and edit as necessary the configuration files before running them.
- SLAMPP provides single login information for all services (username: root or admin/ password: slampp). To secure your system, please change it as soon as you run SLAMPP permanently.
- SLAMPP only supports English as default language and US Qwerty related keyboards.
- When booting, sometimes it takes a while to get the Login Manager displayed. That is because, videoconfig, a powerful display detection application, will try to automatically configure your X-server. So, please be patient. I am trying to improve the loading speed in the next release.
- Although, it is carefully prepared and compiled to work on ix86 (32 bit), there is no guarantee at all that SLAMPP will work with any ix86 platform and other devices you have. In case SLAMPP is not able to run on your machine, bring up all the issues and they will be considered to be fixed in the next release.
- Some users have reported that SLAMPP can not be run on VirtualBox as it will crash that application. Therefore I suggest you to use Qemu or VMWare instead. The main problem lies on the lack of VirtualBox capability to handle the autodetect video configuration application that comes with SLAMPP.
- If you use SLAMPP 2.0, please always choose Yes when the Use Proprietary Softwares? information box appears. It seems the No answer will hang the system. This problem has been fixed in SLAMPP 2.0.1.
- Other limitations will be added here as soon as they are discovered.
Thank you for using SLAMPP!