+ Our New Home +
Please visit the new homepage of SLAMPP, http://slampp.abangadek.com/info/∞
, and grab your latest copy over there. This Wiki will remain here as archive and for future references.
Welcome to SLAMPP Live CD!
SLAMPP is a generic Linux distribution that can boot directly from a CD-ROM, or optionally can be installed on a local hard drive. It is designed to be used as an "instant home server". Similar to other Linux LiveCD
distributions, SLAMPP gives a user new to Linux the chance to experiment with a non-Windows operating system, without the risk of changing or re-configuring the user's existing system. SLAMPP comes with preconfigured tools and applications that allow a personal computer to function as a server. Can you imagine how handy it is to have and carry a linux live CD that provides all things you need to setup such kind of server?
Get and Download SLAMPPLite 2.0! (New)
Looking for a lite version of SLAMPP? Get more information about it over here, SlamppLite
Please Nominate SLAMPPLite on SF Community Choice Awards 2009
What powers up SLAMPP?
SLAMPP is built using SLAX∞
as its base, and Slackware linux∞
for packages. This means you are going to have two powerful distros in one, although SLAX is also based on Slackware linux. To compile everything into a working live CD, linux live scripts∞
- Turns a personal computer into an instant home server which provides support for common protocols, such as: HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, POP, IMAP, SMTP, SSH, DHCP, Squid, etc.
- Modularity. The ability to add additional tools and applications easily in the form of modules. Each new module will be integrated seamlessly during the booting process. Aside from all the modules provided in the Live CD, custom modules can be created. The tools to do this can be found on the Live CD.
- Webmasters and web developers can use SLAMPP to show their work to others. To support this feature special scripts have been provided in the LiveCD. They only need to burn all files onto the CD and SLAMPP will take care of the rest.
- Uses linux kernel 2.6 which provides better support for hardware.
- All setting and configuration changes made during use can be stored on the harddisk and restored for next session.
- Can be installed onto the harddisk to access the server permanently.
- Equipped with firewall, antivirus and content scanner.
- Uses slapt-get∞, Autopackage∞ and swaret∞ for package management tools and Xfce∞ as desktop environment.
If you would like to be notified for any news on SLAMPP development, just subscribe to SLAMPP notification list∞
Please check out this blog∞ regularly.
It contains all news and release notes on SLAMPP development.
Latest version of this live CD is 1.1
(25 feb 2009)
- Jonas Groth∞ has no longer provide SLAMPP on his server. Thank you for your cooperation, Jonas and I am sorry to know that you are not able to provide the download anymore.
(23 jan 2009)
- Jonas Groth∞ has generously provided a new mirror for SLAMPP on his server. Thank you.
(17 oct 2008)
- The whole website is up again after having a major hardware failure of the server where I host SLAMPP in the last few weeks. Thanks Harry∞ for your kind assistance so far.
- The development cycle is now resuming.
Download the latest version of SLAMPP via:
Here is the full list of DownloadMirrors
Any help of distributing this live CD will be much appreciated. If you like to help me by providing SLAMPP through your server or somewhere else, please don't hesitate to contact me. All mirrors will be listed here.
Thank you very much for using SLAMPP!
If you like SLAMPP and would like to support its development, please consider the following options:
1. Donate some money via PayPal∞
. Any amount would be fine. :)
2. Get some merchandise over here∞
3. Order or get a CustomizedSolution
based on SLAMPP.
Supporters and Donators
- Kernel: 126.96.36.199
- Desktop: Xfce 4.2.2
- HTTP/HTTPS: Apache 1.3.34 with various mods, SSL will be provided as built-in feature.
- SSL certificates generator scripts.
- FTP: ProFTPd, GProFTPD (GUI), vsftpd
- SMTP: Sendmail 8.13.4
- POP/IMAP: Dovecot 0.99.14
- DHCP: server and client 3.0.3, GCDHCPD (GUI)C
- DNS: BIND 9.3.1
- Proxy: Squid 2.5-Stable11, sarg
- SSH: OpenSSH 4.2
- Samba 3.020
- CVS 1.11.21, Subversion 1.2.3
- Programming and web development tools
- Languages: PHP 4.4.1, Perl 5.8.7, Python 2.4.1
- HTML and text editor: Bluefish 1.0.4, TEA 11, NVU 1.0
- GTK+188.8.131.52, QT 3.3.4
- Database: MySQL 4.1.14
- Webmin 1.240 / Usermin 1.170 / Virtualmin 2.608
- Web applications: phpMyAdmin, GetCMS, Net2FTP, SquirrelMail, htdig
- Firewall: Firehol / Linux Firewall / Firestarter
- Network: Cacti, Nagios, Ethereal, NMAP, Snort, gFTP, Webalizer. ntop, Monarch, Nessus, chkrootkit, rkhunter, honeyd, oinkmaster, TightVNC, rdesktop
- P2P: BitTorrent 4.1.7, tracker and client
- Antivirus and content scanner: ClamAV 0.87.1, Fetcav (GUI)
- Internet: Mozilla Firefox 1.0.7 (loaded with many extensions and plugins), Lynx, Pine, Sylpheed, Gaim
- Graphics and Publishing: Blender 2.37, The GIMP 2.2.8, Inkscape 0.42.2, QView, Scribus 1.3.1
- Office: Abiword 2.2.9, Gnumeric 1.4.3, Xpdf
- Multimedia: Beep Media Player 0.9.7, VLC Video Player 0.8.2, Audacity 1.2.3
- Utilities: BashBurn 1.6, Dufie, Htop, PuTTY, CUPS, emelFM2, QTParted 0.4.5, Partimage 0.6.4
- Emulator: QEMU 0.72
- Package management: slapt-get/gslapt, pkgtool, autopackage, swaret.
- Read all packages that have been installed: PackagesList
Open for suggestions
Please leave your feedback on this page, YourSuggestions
, which tools or applications should be added or removed in the next release of SLAMPP. Thank you.
Join our mailing list
Please join SLAMPP mailing list over here, http://groups.google.com/group/slampp∞
SLAMPP is compiled by Kemas Yunus Antonius
Please send any suggestions, questions, critics and bugs regarding SLAMPP to firstname.lastname@example.org∞
Forum will be set up if there are enough demands for that. Until then, I think e-mail will be just fine.
∞ ∞ ∞ ∞
∞ ∞ ∞ ∞
Any publications or reviews on SLAMPP are always welcome. Please let me know when you find or write such things. I really will appreciate it. Thank you.